Monday, October 8, 2007

Health Histories

As part of my program at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition I have to conduct health histories. This is a free session I offer to a prospective client where I conduct a one hour session based on the person's health history. Its sounds fairly simple right? Its not so simple. I've mostly been meeting friends or acquaintances, but people are excited about the offerings and its hard to not be able to offer them anything yet.

I also find it incredibly challenging to listen and not offer advice. I think this is the first time in my life I have had to do this. People are always asking me for advice. On topics for the most part I am not really qualified to give advice, but I do anyway. I'm a good friend.

I like this role though. Its interesting in the same way its challenging. I've performed 3 health histories so far this week. This brings my total to 5 since starting the program in June. I'd say that's a pretty good start. I have three more scheduled and a bunch of people who say they are interested and just need to nail down some time.

I'm looking forward to doing more health histories! I'm also looking to find more creative ways to meet people and offer them health histories, but I feel that I need to practice with people who may not want to become clients or people I would not want to have as clients so I can just practice.

No comments: