Wednesday, January 23, 2008

my favorite healthy bread

So there's all this bad press on bread lately...but I have to say, I've found the bread. Granted, I am not a big bread eater, but with 14 grams of protein in two slices, 190 calories and 10 grams of fiber, this is no ordinary bread. Plus, its tastes great and warming to the soul as well. What is it???!!!??? French Meadow Bakery's Healthy Hemp Bread. Its a sprouted, yeast free bread made with hemp seeds which are very high in protein. So, hemp...what's that? Well, its the edible part of the marijuana plant. Gee, sounds great, right? Bread that gets you high? No, there's no hash in it. Its a different part of the plant. I've read that it won't show up on a drug test either, but just to be safe, I might not eat a slice the morning of a drug test. Its kosher, organic and I got it at the store "A Matter of Health" or 78th and 1st avenue in Manhattan in the freezer section - but I am sure that many health food stores carry it. If you'd prefer not to get it frozen (I always freeze my bread), it is available online at www.healthyhempbread.com.

On another note, I appeared on the Martha Stewart show in the studio audience for the health and wellness part II show. I won a laptop computer, fancy sneakers that have a GPS in them and a whole host of other interesting products. Not bad for a morning with Martha. She's awesome, go Barnard!

No comments: