Tuesday, November 27, 2007

websites are up and PCOS diet/healing network

My websites are up. Granted they are still a work in progress, but they are there for the world to see and get to know me and my work. The site dedicated to my consulting company is www.sobelhealth.com and the site dedicated to my health counseling business is: www.sobelwellness.com. Feel free to check them out. More to come soon.

Tonight, I had the rest of the greens, tofu and kasha, and it was just as yummy as last night. I am trying to follow some theories of the Polycystic Ovaries (PCOS) diet originated by Dr. Nancy Dunne, N.D., Naturopathic Physician. According to her work there's not a lot to eat for a PCOS vegetarian/vegan restricted to only 60 grams of carbs a day. She recommends carbohydrates to be consumed come mostly from fruits and vegetables (most of my carbs do come from this form - but I also eat whole grains such as brown rice, millet, kasha and wild rice). I am trying to avoid wheat, spelt and oat products including kamut for a bit and see what happens. I have already cut out caffeine and alcohol, but I'm not sure if I can make it down to 60 grams of carbohydrates a day. I'm going to continue to eliminate white flour (it really is in everything, including la choy soy sauce) and white sugar (which is in anything in a package in this country, it is ridiculous - start reading your labels closely) and just eat my whole grains, but restrict them as well. If you would like to view Dr. Nancy Dunne's theories, here is a link to her site: www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com and the link to sign up for her newsletter is: newsletter@ovarian-cysts-pcos.com.

It is my hope to be able to focus on polycystic ovarian syndrome and other unexplained issues of infertility and feminine problems that have been ignored or challenged by the traditional medical community as a main component of my health counseling pracitce. I am looking to build a network of alternative healers who specialize in this area to whom I can refer my clients and even build partnerships for a wellness center devoted to the treatment of women's health issues. If you are an acupuncturist, herbologist, chinese/eastern trained physician, naturopath or any other type of healer who specializes in the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome please contact me at meredith@sobelwellness.com or respond to this blog.


No comments: