Wednesday, July 23, 2008

B vitamin containing foods


I just checked the world's healthiest foods websites for foods rich in B vitamins...they are:

Excellent sources of folate include spinach, parsley, broccoli, beets, turnip and mustard greens, asparagus, romaine lettuce, calf's liver, and lentils.

Excellent sources of vitamin B6 include bell peppers, turnip greens, and spinach.

Excellent sources of B12 include calf's liver and snapper.

However, the B1, B2 vitamins are also good to get and its important to have a balance of these vitamins not too much of any one of them - which is why supplementing can sometimes not be such a great thing because it leads to imbalances.

I guess I am going to have to develop a taste for liver. I can't say its my favorite - I do prefer snapper, but looks like it might be medicinal. I know a great French place that serves it in the east 50's...and there appear to be many French places on the west side. I do love French food...I'm sure with a nice demiglace its probably quite good.

No comments: