Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Get Healthy Challenge

I am trying out a new product for cleansing called Isagenix. I am about to order their 9 day cleanse and I will report my progress here. I am also going on a new health challenge which I encourage everyone to join me in. I am going to restrict myself to local seasonal foods from the farmer's market or health food store. I am going to try and only have meat from sources I know and not have it more than once a week. I will have whole grains, green vegetables, other vegetables, fruits and yogurt but very little other dairy. I will write down my daily meals here. I will avoid repeating a day like today:

Breakfast:
Multi-grain wheat free hot breakfast cereal with raw goat milk - 9am
Black Tea with unpasteurized raw goat milk

Lunch:
1 cup of raw goat milk at 4pm (client day)
1 cup of water

Dinner:
Quinoa and Lentils with Hearts of Red Lettuce with squeeze of lime
3 organic chicken apple sausage links
handful of blueberries and raspberries
a few bites of leftover brown rice crispy treats.

I felt better about my day once I got to dinner time. I was starving most of the day, but too busy to eat. I know many of us get in these situations and this was poor planning on my part.

I encourage all of you to be better food planners. Tomorrow I am going to start the 30 day food challenge where I write down all my meals and provide inspiration for all of you. As well I'll be starting the isagenix cleanse as soon as it arrives and trying their greens drink as well.

I'm trying out a few new supplements recommended by a new holistic MD I went to see yesterday. I am not a strong believe in supplements, but i thought I would give these a try.

No comments: